Friday, June 4, 2010

My Goal and Strategies


I have been aware of my learning style just beforehand I took the quiz, however , it re-emphasised my thoughts ,in order to be a better visual learner...

Before came to Australia, my English was a disaster. I used baby-English with poor grammar in both speaking and writing. My listening was the same ,too. One thing that made me a little bit relieved was when i found my reading is not so pitty.
I improved those parts by watching movies ,especially cartoons, NatGeo and BBC with my own interests, just every night. I read books, magazines , some articles with current affairs at that moment and always kept my vocabulary records. Finally, it works..

Given the evidences, i'd like to chase higher achievement in my learning process. So, this time i want to set my goals and insert some strategies to adapt with university life.

picture http://sangrea.net/free-cartoons/phil_joy-of-learning.jpg

READING

1. expand my words that related to my major ( sustainable development )
2. improve my ability in reading data, graphs , numbers and statistics
3. read quickly and effectively , able to sort several readings in a range of time and get the ideas.

I have to spend my time to read daily newspapers , government journals ,make notes and draw some points that may be useful . I have to plan my subjects starting from now to help me seeking suitable materials which will be needed .

LISTENING

1. place more concentration in listening for details (date,numbers)
2. ability in guessing meanings
3. get familiar with different accents and voices and intonations

I have to practise and practise more !

SPEAKING


1. being able use wide variety of words (higher level of vocabulary and avoid colloquial words)
2. aware of my grammar !!!
3. to rise quality of my contents

I have to improve quantities in speaking with native people , or those who come from around my country. I need to provide myself with fresh materials by using different media . It helps me always updated. I have to state my confidence , too...

WRITING

1. become responsible and be careful with my own writing
2. produce more academic writing
3. use of range of emotive languages in a proper place

I always read texts carefully to get their structures and variety of tones they use. I often get my sources from newspapers, websites and, sometimes, sci-fi books and free-articles written by economists/environmentalists in order to understand the use of their critics, emotive languages and avoiding cliche sentences.



Anyway, these are my goals and strategies. Now, WHAT'S YOURS?

No comments:

Post a Comment